Exploring the in-building connectivity landscape
As we position ourselves as disruptors in the antenna landscape, we could not avoid investigating the In-Building connectivity (Wi-Fi / Private 5G) Market. It goes without saying that In-Building connectivity is a key feature for corporate business. The challenge is to ensure stable connectivity and an optimized network, offering the best coverage to employees. Important too is a high service level while minimal impact on aesthetics during the deployment of devices allowing this connectivity.
Tackling the challenges of device installation…
When agreeing on the localization of the device, sometimes the decision is made quickly, especially in environments where architects pay little attention to aesthetics, like warehouses. But when it comes to deploying connectivity in high-end environments such as luxury hotels, fancy museums, airports, cruise ships, headquarters lobbies, luxury stores, administrative decision-making centres, etc., it is another story. Indeed, IT, Facility Management and Architects have their own interests and ideas.
… By balancing priorities: IT, Facility Management, and Architects
- IT pays attention to performance/price. It wants to meet all technical requirements and ensure the best connectivity at the best price.
- Facility Management cares more about the costs and workload to install and maintain equipment (easy to install / easy to maintain).
- Architects want to preserve the overall aesthetics of the living space and reduce visual disturbances when deploying connectivity infrastructure.
Installation pain points in aesthetically-driven environments
In high aesthetically-driven environments, any visual pollution must be avoided. It is more than not choosing ugly connectivity equipment, it is about providing a unique global visitor experience, reflecting the premium positioning of the company or the environment in which it is installed.
Therefore, deploying visible connectivity equipment or external antennas which cannot be hidden is often unacceptable (for example, they are frequently hidden in false ceilings, which implies electromagnetic disturbances especially in the metallic area, or by camouflage which can be costly).
Introducing WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi / Private 5G)
With WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi / Private 5G), seamlessly integrated glass antennas enhance the visual interior experience without compromising on connectivity performance. They also avoid any additional camouflage cost which is “inevitable in some cases”.
As for each WAVEANTENNA product, a specific antenna is designed to embed the corresponding frequency band needed for the application (Wi-Fi or 5G bands). It is then integrated into the glass using a patented Wave process. The frame and the miniature size of the antennas have been wisely designed for a smooth integration in modern and elegant interiors.
Functionalizing glass antennas (Wi-Fi / Private 5G) with AGC capability
Using AGC capability to print anything on glass, WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi / private 5G) can be functionalized in two ways :
- It can replace mandatory signage (exit signs, fire extinguisher, etc.) or functional signage (toilets, meeting rooms, wayfinding, etc.)
- It can be used to brand the company logo, being part of the corporate communication.
Installation and Performance of WAVEANTENNA
- Regarding the installation, the antenna can be mounted either on the wall or on the ceiling, thanks to adapted frames. They can be hinged, making them very easy to fit. Out of these standard dimensions, Wave can develop an adapted fixation system for customers when required. The antennas are provided today with SMA connectors but can be adapted to the customer need.
- Regarding antenna performance:
- Some of our 5G antennas are already certified by some MNO players and used in their projects.
- Numerous tests have also been conducted on our omni-directional Wi-Fi antenna version, showing that coverage performance using our antenna is at least similar to any internal/external antenna on the market. This antenna is already integrated into the library of the last version of EKAHAU software. Other types of antennas will follow.
- A large portfolio of products is available: single and multi-band, omni-directional and directive, low/mid/high band.
Reshaping indoor coverage in high-end environments
WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi/Private 5G) offers a compelling response to the challenge of network indoor coverage in high-end environments :
- For building owners/managers, WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi/ Private 5G) enhances the visual experience in their interior thanks to its elegant design and customized-printing possibilities.
- For the IT function :
- No more hassle with regards to camouflaging the antenna, no more struggle with the architects: our antennas offer common ground between IT and Architect.
- Thanks to its aesthetic, WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi / Private 5G) reshapes network deployment, reaching previously inaccessible locations and unleashing the coverage potential.
- For Architects, WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi / Private 5G) is the product that will make them embrace connectivity with a seamless integration and minimal visual disturbances.
- For IT integrators, it is now an opportunity to bring WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi / Private 5G) to this high-end market, to solve connectivity deployment issues in aesthetically constrained environments.
Connect with WAVEANTENNA (Wi-Fi / Private 5G) for the future of connectivity
WAVEANTENNA Wi-Fi / Private 5G revolutionizes enterprise connectivity by seamlessly integrating a discreet glass antenna. Ideal for high-end spaces, it ensures top-notch performance without sacrificing aesthetics. Perfect for building owners, IT pros, architects, and integrators, WAVEANTENNA Wi-Fi / Private 5G redefines network deployment in visually demanding environments such as hotels, museums, cruise ships, etc.
Here are some other articles that might be of interest to you: